Sunday 25 March 2012

Title Sequence

This is the title sequence that I have been working on for the past couple of days, it will be included in our thriller opening.





The font used was imported in from dafont.com a well known free font site, i used the website as i didn't feel as though any of the fonts from Final Cut Pro were as effective as some of the ones from here.




The main idea of the title sequence was too make it looks as though someone was writing out the letters it from a typewriter and so my first search consisted of looking at all the typewriting fonts that were available on the website. 



There were a few different ones to choose from and the search included the following fonts:






All of the fonts look pretty similar but I was drawn towards "Mom's Typewriter" as I felt as though it was the right density and therefore clear enough to be used in the film, I feel as though it looks very raw and edgy similar to that of our film itself.

Upon changing the name of our Film i had decided to change the font inwhich we would use for our opening titles, in order to fit in with the overall theme of our thriller. After reviewing many different shapes and looks of fonts, I had finally decided upon using one from a website called Fontspace which like Dafont offered a wide variety of different font styles. I had chosen one called Sketchpipes which for me looked the most effective as it was very much subject specific because of our film name being 'Pipeline'.






No comments:

Post a Comment